- This event has passed.
CEA Special Webinar – Coronavirus in the Workplace
March 19 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
As we are all in uncharted waters at this time of national emergency and uncertainty, we have received numerous questions regarding employment issues arising from the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Our HR partner, the California Employers Association is conducting a FREE live webinar on “Coronavirus in the Workplace”.
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2020
Time: 2:00pm ~ 3:00pm
In this special webinar, we will cover:
- Information on the current state of coronavirus and its impact on the workplace
- Guidance from the CDC and EEOC on coronavirus and the workplace
- When and if you can send sick employees home
- Asking for medical information, testing employees and handling confidential medical information
- Whether you need to pay employees who can’t work, the use of accrued time off, and potential wage replacement benefits (SDI, PFL, UI, workers’ comp)
- Applying mandatory or optional leave of absence policies to coronavirus illnesses (PSL, FMLA)
- Whether to require (or offer) remote work options
- Business disruption and the need to shut-down, furloughs and layoffs
- How to handle business travel
- Reducing risk in client or customer-facing positions
- Avoiding panic, disinformation and discriminatory conduct
- Practical steps: healthy hygiene, clean offices, good communication
- Your questions!
TO REGISTER – CLICK HERE